Monday, September 12th to Friday, September 16th9am – 5pm / online programme
Members €1,050 ; Non-Members €1,575with Skillnet Funding Applied / Regular cost €3,445 per personSpecial offer for Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (250 employees and less)
To reserve your place or request additional information: visit our website or contact email@example.com
In five action-packed days, you will learn how to master the essentials of business practiceStrategy – Leadership – Finance – Marketing - People Performance
The programme is designed to build on your existing management competencies
by giving you a comprehensive understanding of all the functions of an organisation, by highly respected experts in each function.
Learning outcomesAt the end of this course, participants will have a deeper understanding of organisational strategy, and how it is supported by finance and marketing and executed by effective leadership. Participants will have learned about their own leadership style and capabilities, and how they can impact performance and operations in their organisation.
Who is the course for?This programme is ideal for participants with considerable specialist management experience in one area of their business and who want exposure to others. It’s also ideal for professionals aspiring to positions of greater responsibility and for experienced managers looking to widen their understanding of difference business functions.
Day 1: Marketing
• Marketing and Value Factor • Factors that drive and influence development of marketing structures • The Value Proposition Canvas • Segmentation • The power of branding
Day 2: Strategy
• What is strategy? • What is a PESTEL? • Five Forces – assess the key competitive factors that are important to understanding the position of both your company and industry • Stakeholder mapping • Strategy mapping – how best to track success of your strategy
Day 3: Finance
• The balance sheet • The income statement • Preparing financial statements • Reading the cash flow statement • Ratio analysis and the pitfalls/limitations to be aware of • Beyond the numbers
Day 4: Strategic HRM
• Strategic HRM: the context • Design of the organisation & operating model • Performance & Reward • Engagement
Day 5: Leadership
• Identify what leadership means in your organisation • Understand the importance of Emotional Intelligence • Gain awareness and reflect on your own leadership style, values and personal brand • Understand a leader’s role in change • Identify actions to take to grow your effectiveness as a leader
Marketing – Cariona Neary is a consultant, coach and trainer, specialising in helping organisations to achieve greater employee and customer engagement. Cariona specialises in marketing strategy, communications and customer experience management.
Strategy – Jonathan Westrup has been the IMI Programme Director of the Professional Diploma in Strategy & Innovation since 2010 and his associate expertise is in business strategy with a particular interest in corporate governance and organisational performance. Jonathan also works with management teams in facilitating their strategy process.
Finance – Mark James lectures in the business department of the Cork Institute of Technology, Griffith College, DIFC College, and the Irish Management Institute, teaching a range of modules including Financial Accounting, Micro and Macro Economics, Technology in Accounting and Finance, and Regulatory Management. Mark has experience as a Director on the Board of a national financial institution, overseeing international investments, information technology projects, regulatory policy development, and the creation of a five-year strategic plan. He has also provided training and consultancy services to SME’s. This broad range of business and lecturing experience allows Mark to ensure that the theory he teaches is grounded in practical real-world situations and problem solving.
Strategic HRM – Jane Mitchell is a leadership and organisational development consultant with 15 years’ experience working with diverse groups across many cultures. Her approach is positively challenging, centred on creating clarity, developing opportunity and delivering impact through tangible business results.
Leadership – Kevin Quigley has been involved in learning, leadership & management development, technology and innovation for the past 30 years. He is an associate member of the IMI specialising in Leadership Development, Leading Change and Change Management.
Website link for more information: upcoming 5-day IMI Management Bootcamp; which is also on our website at https://icbe.ie/event/imi-essential-skills-of-management-special-offer-for-smes/