Minister Harris launches major 10-year adult literacy strategy9 September 2021
Minister for Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science Simon Harris TD has launched 'Adult Literacy for Life' – a 10-year adult literacy, numeracy and digital literacy strategy.
The Strategy aims to ensure that every adult has the necessary literacy, numeracy and digital literacy to fully engage in society and realise their potential.
The Strategy makes a number of commitments including:
- Increasing in the number of learners engaging with literacy and language support by 20,000 by expanding the range of courses available over the first half of the strategy’s lifetime;
- Reduce the number of people adults in Ireland with unmet literacy needs, from 18% to 7%.
- Reduce the number of adults in Ireland with unmet numeracy needs from 25% to 12%;
- Reduce the share of adults in Ireland without basic digital skills from 47% to 20%.
- For further information click here