Ranked in the top 2% of universities in the world, University College Cork has 21,000+ undergraduate, postgraduate and adult continuing education students. The university is home to 4 colleges with a series of schools & departments associated with each:
- College of Arts Celtic Studies & Social Sciences which houses the Schools of: Applied Psychology; Applied Social Studies; Education; English; History; Human Environment: Geography, Archaeology & Classics; Irish Learning; Languages, Literature & Cultures; Film, Music & Theatre; & Society Politics & Ethics
- College of Science, Engineering & Food Science which houses the Schools of: Biochemistry & Cell Biology; Biological, Earth & Environmental Sciences; Chemistry; Computer Science & IT; Food & Nutritional
Sciences; Engineering: Mathematical Sciences; Microbiology; & the Department of Physics, and associated research centres
- College of Medicine & Health which houses the Schools of: Medicine; Dentistry; Nursing & Midwifery; Clinical Therapies; & Pharmacy
- College of Business & Law which houses: Cork University Business School; School of Law; & associated research centres
Adult Continuing Education (ACE) has been offering part-time education programmes to Cork, Munster, and beyond since 1946 and is proud to celebrate over 70 years of educational services to the community.
Centre for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) is the systematic maintenance, improvement and broadening of knowledge, skills and competencies, and the development of personal and professional qualities, necessary for the execution of professional duties throughout the practitioners working life.
Munster Technological University is a multi-campus technological university, contributing to the region through the provision of academic programmes that support student development and opportunities, education and research. MTU has an extensive and impressive regional footprint with six campuses across the South-West region in Cork and Kerry, and a student body of 18,000.
MTU is comprised of 6 campuses:
MTU Bishopstown Campus
The Bishopstown Campus is the main centre, and is the location for courses in Business, Science, Computing, Engineering, Media Communications, and Humanities.
MTU Crawford College of Art & Design
This is a self-contained College of MTU, located in Sharman Crawford Street. The Department of Fine Art & Applied Art offers Honours Degree programmes in Fine Art and in Contemporary Applied Art.
MTU Cork School of Music
This is a constituent school of MTU, located at Union Quay, Cork city, and provides Honours Degree programmes in Music, Theatre & Drama, and Popular Music. The School also has a wide range of MA and PhD degrees.
National Maritime College of Ireland
This purpose built College is on a 10 acre campus and located 18km from Cork city, in Ringaskiddy. The NMCI provides education services of the highest quality and includes Degree programmes in Nautical Science, Marine, Engineering, and Marine Electrotechnology.
MTU Blackrock Castle Observatory
In an exciting collaboration between MTU, Cork City Council, and a private benefactor, Blackrock Castle was re-opened to the public in November 2007 as MTU Blackrock Castle Observatory, the Space for Science.
MTU Tralee North Campus
MTU Kerry offer programmes in a number of areas including Agriculture, Biological & Pharmaceutical, Business & Management, Construction, Creative Media, Engineering, Environmental, Food, Culinary Arts & Cookery, Health, Leisure & Fitness, Hospitality & Hotel Management, Information Science/Systems, Music, TV & Radio, Nursing, Outdoor Activity, Renewable / Energy, Social Sciences, Computing & Technology, Tourism & Wildlife.
MTU Tralee South Campus
MTU Kerry has three principal schools, i.e. School of Business, Computing & Humanities, School of Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics and School of Health & Social Sciences.
- The NIMBUS Centre: MTU's first dedicated research centre, provides space for up to 80 researchers. Company researchers can work in close collaboration with NIMBUS staff and use its research facilities. It is intended to showcase MTU's research and demonstrate its ability to translate innovative research into economic benefit.
- The Rubicon Centre: Ireland's premier Business Incubation Centre, provides access to a wide range of Start-up Supports for Entrepreneurs.
- The Long Life Learning Department in MTU Tralee offers courses from Level 6 to 9. View also links to the LLL Prospectus and information on Fees, Mature Students and more.
- MTU provides a wide variety of courses for those seeking professional development options. All of these courses lead to approved awards and many have professional accreditation.
- Munster Technological University is an approved provider of Apprenticeship training programmes. Apprenticeship is the recognised means by which people are trained to become craftspeople in Ireland.