What is the West Regional Skills Forum?
The West Regional Skills Forum is a collaborative forum comprised of representatives from education and training providers, state agencies and enterprise representatives. Our quarterly meetings and regular events are a chance to connect with state agencies and other businesses in the West to solve industry-wide or cross-industry skills issues.
A Word from Our Chair
The emerging skills needs of the West region (Galway, Mayo, Roscommon) are identified, analysed and responded to via collaborative engagement between enterprise and education and training providers.
- Help employers connect with the range of services and supports available across the education and training system
- Gather & Conduct review on labour market information and analysis of employer needs to inform programme revision or new development as required
- Greater collaboration and utilisation of resources across the education (FE/HE) and training system that supports enhancement of progression routes for learners
- Develop a structure of communication strategies to regional wide business/sectors that ensures overall awareness of supports from RSF
- An open inclusive Forum where diverse opinions are heard and reflected upon
- Impartial facilitation, dissemination of skills needs analysis and co-creation of courses
- Action-oriented meetings with results delivered upon
Members of our Forum who support companies in the West include
- Education & Training providers: NUI Galway, Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology, the Galway, the Education and Training Boards, Galway Executive Skillnet, ITAG Skillnet and Gréasan na Meán Skillnet.
- State Agencies: Local Enterprise Offices, Enterprise Ireland, IDA, Intreo, Údarás na Gaeltachta,Western Development Commission, Fáilte Ireland, Bia Innovator
- Business Representatives: Globalization Partners, Intuity, ICE Group, Kilcoyne Tree Surgery, Anecto, Homecare Medical, Galway Chamber of Commerce, Galway Film Centre, Crew Digital, Compustaff